Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Was Too Far Out All My Life, and Not Camping but Shopping.

I think it's fair to say that we are now in a total frenzy of planning. With the help of numerous books and websites, and with many contributions from Deep Thought, we have at least three lists under construction - gear, food, and clothes, with a lot of focus on gear.

As always, travel, and especially camping, seems to involve a great deal of shopping. I've made trips to REI for water purification tablets and emergency ponchos (in case we get caught up in an earthquake), to Target for plastic bowls and a very important new box of My Littlest Pet Shop gear (Little Starlet's choice), and to Books Inc for many new books. Several new travel games have been bought, including a Klutz book which promises to entertain us with 15 of the best board games ever created. I am about to download a couple of audio books from iTunes (if only I can find some acceptable voices reading the books that the kids want to hear - too many of them make me want to run screaming from the room, and that's before I'm trapped in a tin can with them for 6 hours). I've even purchased a new pair of sneakers today, with special sporty socks. Deep Thought examined them closely and commented "You like these?" - which I took to be approval.

2 comments:

OEM said...

We're listening to Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief read by Walter Lewis, which is going down well with the Boy Wonder.

Dr Mom said...

That's the book we were thinking of getting - does this Walter Lewis chappie have a good accent/voice?